Monday, March 10, 2014

Discussion: Annual re-reads

Hi everyone!

How are you doing? I had a nice and quiet week-end and everything should be perfect... except that it was "spring forward" and as a result, I'm tired. Crazy what an hour difference will do! And of course, I was late to work because of it. Yes, it's that kind of day.

My initial plan was to write a review, but since my mind is fogged up, I thought I'd do a discussion topic. It's been a while and it requires less brain power LOL.


Once again, I'm in one of mini reading slumps. Ugh. I thought of looking through my TBR pile, but in the end, I decided to do some re-reads. Since I've just reviewed Split Second, I went with Pivot Point. After that, I picked up The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner and of course, it let me to The King of Attolia. I've realized that I actually re-read The King of Attolia almost every year... and it made me think of what other books I re-read.

So here's my question... Do you have annual re-reads? Books that you will re-read every year? Why?

 


These are four books that I know I re-read almost every year.

The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner - I loooove this book for its cleverness, the characters and the court intrigues. Love how Eugenides fools everyone around him and how Costis' opinion of his King slowly changes :)

My Most Excellent Year by Steve Kluger - Definitively my feel good book :) This will provide the laughs and the smiles I need.

Count to Ten by Karen Rose - Ms Rose is my favorite RS author and Count to Ten is the book that sealed it for me :) Loved Mia and Reed.

Hunting Fear by Kay Hooper - I love Ms Hooper's FBI SCU series and to me, Hunting Fear is the best of the series. It's just chilling and exciting :)


Oh, I do re-read more books than those... but for the rest, it all depends on moods and it'll actually be authors or series that will dictate my choices instead of the book itself. So what about you? Any annual re-read books?